Looking for an opportunity to work at a dynamic organization that makes an impact in your community? Well look no further. The United Way of Monongalia and Preston Counties is seeking a qualified Engagement Manager to coordinate community and corporate engagement opportunities, manage donor affinity groups, plan and implement special event fundraisers, and contribute to raising over $1.5 million to support our local community.
Campaign and Development
- Manages Emerging Leaders affinity group including engagement opportunities, recruitment and retention, and coordinates any special events or fundraisers.
- Manages Women United affinity group including engagement opportunities, recruitment and retention, and coordinates any special events or fundraisers.
- Assists with various other aspects of annual fundraising campaign.
- Manages community and corporate engagement opportunities.
- Manages VolunteerMPC website.
- Develops and manages volunteer recognition program.
- Coordinates annual Day of Caring, which engages over 400 volunteers in service each Spring, including all logistics, budget management, and volunteer recruitment/management.
- Serves as a catalyst for impact by mobilizing volunteers in targeted market segments by developing strategies and engagement opportunities.
- Recruits volunteers for United Way special events.
- Ability to recruit, motivate, engage and retain volunteers in community service
- Ability and desire to work with professionals and volunteers from diverse backgrounds who have a variety of competencies
- Adept at planning, organizing, and executing special events with attention to detail
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Technical and analytical skills
- Experience in public relations and communications
- Ability to work independently and in a group setting
- Ability to plan and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Track-record of setting and meeting goals
- Creative in problem-solving
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Flexibility to attend evening or weekend events
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and ability to learn volunteer tracking software