The United Way of Monongalia and Preston Counties’ Grant for 2024-2025 Funding Cycle is open to apply. If your 501c3 nonprofit works in the areas of health, education, economic stability, and basic needs, you are eligible to apply. The United Way of Mon and Preston Counties' grant deadline is Friday, March 1 at 11:59 p.m. No late applications will be accepted.
An emphasis is placed on specific results for the community by concentrating on targeted, focused outcomes, and measurable results in the areas of Health, Education, Financial Stability, and Basic Needs. The focus is on programs that will create lasting changes in community conditions, improve lives and give people the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Any 501c3 non-profit providing services in Monongalia and Preston Counties interested in applying for program funding in the areas of Health, Education, Financial Stability and Basic Needs is welcome to attend. The following areas are evaluated to qualify for program funding.
The board is comprised of diverse, engaged members. The board meets monthly and the number in attendance meets bylaw requirements. The board provides close oversight, evaluates the Director/CEO, and actively participates in strategic planning. The board oversees conflict resolution, employee conduct, organization policies, and ethical assessments to ensure a fair, equitable, and ethically acceptable work environment.
There must be a clear relationship between the investment of donor dollars and how your program will work to fill the community’s needs. The number of people served by your organization is important but will no longer be accepted as a reason to support your program.
Outcomes are the key component in the grant. The framework and performance measurements of your grant proposal must be communicated specifically and clearly. If you are successful in demonstrating anticipated program outcomes, you can be successful in receiving program funding.
- Most recent audit - Total revenue of above $250,000 or more on its IRS Form 990 (or pro forma IRS Form 990) covering a period ending not more than 18 months prior to January 2023
- Audit or a review of fiscal operations - A Total revenue of $100,000 to $250,000 on its IRS Form 990 (or pro forma IRS Form 990) covering a period ending not more than 18 months prior to January 2023
- Certification of financial controls - Total revenue of less than $100,000 on its IRS Form 990 (or pro forma IRS Form 990) covering a period ending not more than 18 audit or a review of its fiscal operations months prior to January 2023
The financial report must be free from material misstatements or modifications.
The organization has the appropriate financial solvency by having at least 3 months of operational costs covered.
Assets should exceed liabilities.
Agency's Admin rate is less than 35%.
Less than 25% of organization funding is requested from The United Way.
Instructions for Application Access
All applicants are required to have or create an account to complete and submit your application. Keep your user name and password handy so that you can "save a draft" and return to complete your submission. Also this user name and password will continue to be used for agency reporting and future applications.
- LOGIN HERE (If you already have a user name and password)
- CREATE AN ACCOUNT (New users only - an email will be sent to you)
- RESET YOUR PASSWORD (if your email has been used previously, you can reset your password)
- LOGOUT (Be sure to log out once you have saved your draft or submitted your application)
Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Do not leave any blanks; enter N/A if not applicable.
- Username should be a generic email address such as Director@Unitedwaympc.org.
- Use a password others in the office can access if necessary.
- You are required to complete every question on the grant even though no questions are marked as required. This allows you to move from page to page to complete sections as needed.
- Remember to be short, clear, and concise.
- Do not leave any blanks; enter N/A if not applicable.
Please contact Janette Lewis with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org