The City of Morgantown and the United Way of Monongalia and Preston Counties have partnered to distribute COVID-19 CARES relief to people in need in Morgantown. The funds have become available through a Community Development Block Grant.
The program, known as the City of Morgantown CARES Assistance Program, will distribute funds to help with rent, mortgage or utilities to those who have experienced a COVID-19-related hardship. The goal is to help Morgantown families and residents who have been impacted by the economic recession caused by the pandemic. If you are a Morgantown resident, learn how to apply below.
Who is eligible:
• Must be a City of Morgantown resident (confirm residence at: https://arcg.is/0Oem5T0)
• Has experienced negative financial impact due to COVID-19
• Can provide verification of lease, mortgage or rental agreement when applying for mortgage and rental assistance
How can people apply:
• Complete and return to UWMPC in person (please call to schedule an appointment) or via email: (firstname.lastname@example.org) with required documents.
• Call 211
What documentation will be needed:
• Unemployment documentation from Unemployment Compensation Office
• Copy of last 4 weeks pay stubs
• Verification of Unemployment Benefits
• Current Lease or Mortgage Information
• Utility bill/shutoff notice
• Name on account and account number
Please allow 24-48 hours for applications to be processed.